I would like to express my sincere thanks to you all for your good wishes, kindness, support, and generosity for my Captain’s Drive-in last weekend. I had a great day; I hope you did also.
We all went for the “wind swept” look on the day. It was great to be able to hold a social event again and to see our Pavilion members once more. The lunch and cake were delicious. I wish to thank our committee members for their hard work in making my Drive In a success. Congratulations to all the winners on the day.
Congratulations to the following February winners:
- Catherine Cathcart
- Mary McNulty
Golfer of the Month – Category B is Teresa Commerford
Welcome to our Pavilion Members returning to play
- Bairbre Cathcart
- Mary Clare Cathcart
- Dolores Farrelly
- Aideen O’Brien
and our New Members
- Dieta Glennane
- Angela Hayes
- Sheila Larkin
- Patricia McCarron
- Aideen Murphy
some of whom are playing this Saturday.
The revised tee times – 11.20 – 14.36, resulting in 3 balls every 7 minutes, come into effect from this Saturday. It will be imperative that we ensure that there is no slow play. The café will be open until 5pm, once the demand is there. Please avail of the café to ensure that it remains open beyond 4pm.
- The Spring Lamb competition is continuing, it started on 12 February and was due to finish on 26 It will now finish on 23 April as there was no play on Saturday 19 February. Due to other competitions being held this is the next available weekend.
- The Golfer of the Year competition is starting on 12 March, continuing throughout the year. This is in addition to our weekly competitions.
- The Shamrock Competition, with 3 Prizes in each Category, is on 19 March.
It would be great if you wore green on this day.
- Away Day is 2 April.
Leopardstown will be closed due to racing.
- Our first golfing away day of the year is to Arklow Golf Club (Abbeylands, Arklow, Co. Wicklow)
- You can play either 18 holes or 10 holes (easier to come off the course at hole 10 rather than 9th Hole).
- The cost is – 18 Holes €45 and 10 Holes €30.
- The tee times start at 2pm.
- The list will be put on the noticeboard this Saturday.Happy Golfing, Thanks, Karen