Congratulations to the following May winners:
- Marie Maher
- Niamh Quinn
- Sheila Corbalis
Golfer of the Month – Category B is Anne O’Hanlon
I want to say a BIG Thank You to you all for your support with our Charity Day 2022, to everyone who donated so many prizes for the raffle, played golf and bought tickets for the raffle. We raised €2,700 for our chosen charity – The Alzheimer Society of Ireland with special emphasis on Dementia supports.
We had beautiful weather for golf, and we all enjoyed a well-deserved cup of tea/coffee and scones in the Green Room afterwards. The raffle was a great success, and everyone went home with a prize.
Based on recent questions I have received members are not checking out our Saturday Strollers Noticeboard.
- Saturday’s timesheet is available each week on the noticeboard to the left as you enter Leopardstown Golf Centre. This noticeboard includes timesheets for all societies.
- Please note that this noticeboard is not the main Saturday Strollers board. Our board is in the Ladies Changing Room. I would encourage all to check it out each week to see what competitions are pending, winners of competitions and any other notices.
Please do not be shy – if you are a competition winner you can approach a committee member to collect your prize. As members play at different times and may not go upstairs for a coffee it can take some time to distribute prizes.
- The Golfer of the Year competition started on Saturday 9th April and is ongoing.
- Match Play Competition starts this month, details of the draw are on the noticeboard.
- Playing dates to note –
- 18th June – Back Nine
- 25th June – Early Start
- My Captain’s Day is on Saturday 2nd
- I hope you can join me after your day of golf at Killiney Golf Club for dinner and prize giving.
- The sign-up sheet for 9/18 Holes competitions and dinner is on the noticeboard.
- To be eligible for the Captain’s prize a member must have entered three cards in the previous six weeks of play.
- The cost of the dinner is €35.
- Please pay by bank transfer, if possible, on or before 30 June 2022.
- Drinks reception is 7pm with dinner 7.30pm.
Happy Golfing, Thanks, Karen